Motorcycling Western Australia will be conducting a coaching seminar in the Northern Territory
This seminar will be conducted at Hidden Valley Raceway Facilities on Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th February 2017.
The Level 1 course is an introductory course deigned to equip coaches with usable coaching knowledge and skills. At the conclusion of this 2 day course, all successful participants will be accredited as Level O Coaches. As soon as you have have logged 20 hours of Coaching practice, post course, you will be accredited with Level 1 status.
To be eligible for this course you must have completed:
The Australian Sports Commission (ASC) and Department of Sport & Recreation Beginning Coaching General Principles course, available on the ASC Learning Portal at https://learning.ausport.gov.au. It is compulsory that all participants register for this online course, and complete it BEFORE attending this MWA Level 1 Coaching seminar.
The 2 Day Course:
· The seminar will commence at 8.00am on both days.
· All course reference materials, morning tea and lunch will be provided on each day by Motorcycling WA, however you should bring a pen and note pad.
· All Participants will receive a Coaching Manual on the day.
· All participants are required to present a 20 min coaching session on Sunday as part of the assessment. Participants must bring with them any equipment they may require for this presentation. This may include a discipline specific motorcycle, riding apparel or specific equipment suitable for demonstrations in the coaching presentation.
· At the conclusion of this 2 day seminar, all successful participants will be accredited as “Level O” Club Coaches.
· When the participants have completed any outstanding assignments and logged 20 hours of Coaching practice, post course, they will be accredited with Level 1 coach status.
To Register: Click Here
To assist with the preparation of reference material and catering, please confirm your attendance to Motorcycling Western Australia, by email to email@example.com as soon as possible.
The course is particularly aimed at:
• Beginner coaches, working in introductory programs at the club level
• Parents and those persons coaching juniors
• People who coach once or twice per week – up to 6 hours per week
A Level 1 Motorcycle Sport Coach can:
• Conduct basic licence testing (ie. Kick Start or competency upgrades in the Junior Coaching Program)
• Assist Level 2 coaches and supervise structured coaching days
• Coach a maximum of 6 riders in a coaching session
Accreditation Requirements of Level 1 are:
• Be 18 years of age and have at least 2 years practical experience in motorcycling competition as a competitor or official, together with a sound knowledge of motorcycling technique
• Attend and pass a Level 1 Motorcycle Sport Coaching coordinated by an SCB
• Within 12 months of the course complete:
o 20 hours of practical motorcycle coaching
o Fulfil Child Protection requirements for the State/s or Territory in which you wish to coach
o Complete and return the Level 1 Coaching Accreditation and Licence Application form to the relevant SCB
The Level One coaching course is an introductory coaching course developed by Motorcycling Australia in conjunction with the Australian Coaching Council (ACC) and National Coaching Accreditation Scheme (NCAS). The course is approved and monitored by the ACC and NCAS.
The introductory coaching course known as "LEVEL ONE COACHING" comprises of:
1. The ASC/DSR online course (to be completed by participant at least 5 days prior to attending the 2 day course in person)
2. 2 Day Level 1 Coaching Course incorporating:
a. Sport Specific Coaching
b. Motorcycle Sport General Principles of Coaching
3. Undertaking 20 hours of practical motorcycle coaching – post course (within 12 months)
4. Fulfil the Child Protection requirements of the state you wish to coach in (Working With Children Check)
Should you require further information, please contact the office: 08 9371 5333